Delivered effort for stories from previous project is showing in existing project (New Project)

Dnyaneshwar Borase November 30, 2016

The scenario is:

I have created Project A in last month & created some stories in this project.I have delivered efforts in stories. 

Now, I have created Project B & moved few stories of Project A to Project B.I have not yet delivered any effort in moved stories of project B.Even though it shows few delivered efforts.

Can you please let me know,

1. What could be the reason behind this?
  2. How to work on this or solve the problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2016

I don't think there's a problem here.  You've taken some stuff from project A and moved it to B.  The "effort" you've put into them has come with them, because you've recorded it on them.

Could you explain a little bit more?

Dnyaneshwar Borase December 1, 2016

Yes, you are right.

The problem is when i delivered effort in stories for project A then it must show these effort for project A.But,when i moved these stories from Project A to Project B then all this delivered effort of project A is showing for project B.

Project B is created today but it shows delivered efforts from the last month. At that time project B was not exists & this create some confusion.

My expectation is;

1. When I delivered the effort for previous project (Project A) then it will show for Project A.
  2. I moved stories from Project A to Project B then delivered effort for Project A should not to be seen in project B
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2016

The behaviour of JIRA is absolutely correct.  You delivered work on issues at a certain time and it is logging and showing you that correctly.  The fact you move it to another project doesn't change what you delivered or when. Just that what you worked on is now part of another project.

What's happening here is that your reporting expectation is wrong, or your choice to move the issues is wrong.  What is the reason you are doing this move between projects?

Suggest an answer