Hi

i just now check our filters on jira and i can see that there are tens of filters created by individuals who have long ago left the organisation.

How do i now get rid of the filters that have created?

Is there any easy way without hacking into the database?

Rahul

5 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

If they are shared filters, an administrator can take ownership and then delete it. If not, you will have to hack into the DB.

There is no way to take ownership of the filters while those users are still in the system as users of the instance. You should try to delete the user accounts and then you should be able to control the filters as an admin user.

I would strongly urge you NOT to delete users from JIRA, but to disable them instead.

I have a client that is still dealing with the results of deleting users from 3 years ago.

As of JIRA 4.4.1, you can delete filters from the Shared Filters screen.

Only if they are shared ;)

That's a valid point, but if Rahul is posting this question, then they must be shared right? :)

If they weren't shared, even admins wouldn't see the filters without looking at the DB.

Hi Rahul,

Depending on the column, there would probably be 2 solutions. First would be to delete them in the shared filters window and then find the ones that aren't shared by logging in as the users in questions with the script runner plugin:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

Alternatively you can delete them from the db directly, in the ''searchresults'' table. I also recomment that you delete the relevant information from the ''favouriteassociation'' table as a precaution

We use SharedManager which is a free tool. If you use Server version here is the link: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216249/sharedmanager?hosting=server&tab=reviews

You still need to delete them one at a time but you can delete or change owner as you wish.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

242 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you