Deleting a worklog entry in Joggler will not delete the entry within Jira (or vice-versa)

Steven Rosato February 17, 2015

This has been an issue I have been working around for quite a time without reporting it, but I thought it would be helpful if I did report it so here is:

With the Joggler plugin, which works like a charm with JIRA, I can start time tracking from JIRA to Toggl and then stop the timer. Once the worklog entry is stopped, I can't delete it from Toggl and see the worklog entry be deleted on Jira. It stays there. Moreover, I can't delete a worklog entry in JIRA and have it be deleted in Toggl. Leading to inconsistencies.

This happens usually when I am tracking time on the wrong project. My workaround is to edit the entry to 1 minute, and then start the timer in the other project from JIRA and readjust the time. Another possible workaround is to delete both the entries found in Toggl and also JIRA.

It would be nice if we could delete an entry from both Toggl or JIRA and have the entry be deleted on the other endpoint. Bidirectional delete is not a must, we could start with just being able to delete a work log in Toggl and have it get deleted on JIRA automatically. I hope I have been clear enough in my description of the problem.

Best regards

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user February 17, 2015

Hi Steven

Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that Joggler works fine for you. We are aware that deleting a toggl entry does not delete the worklog entry. This is a missing feature. You correctly described the possible workarounds. I can't tell you at which point we are going to support this, but do not expect any time soon.

Regarding the bidirectional synching (deleting the time entry when the jira worklog entry is deleted): I would not do that. Toggl is the time spent master. If we start synching from JIRA to toggl we would also have to start modifying toggl time entries when worklog entries are edited in jira.

Regards

Benno

0 votes
Deleted user February 17, 2015

Hi Steven

We are committed to support Joggler long term and we plan to support future JIRA releases.

Regards

Benno

0 votes
Steven Rosato February 17, 2015

Ok thanks for this honest answer. Yeah I am not looking forward much in bidirectional syncing, I know this would lead to a lot of problems. You are right in that regard that Toggl is now being used as the time spent master. Thanks for your quick answer and hopefully the delete feature will see the day for this plugin!

I think much more people should know about this plugin as it is a breeze to track time within JIRA. I have been using that plugin for a little more than 6 months to this date and it has become a must have. With that said, this leaves me to wonder if this plugin has planned support for the long term? In planned support I mean compatibility with future JIRA releases.

Thanks a lot

Suggest an answer