Deleting Duplicate Users with Issues attached.

Tina Marie Mongrain May 7, 2013

Hi I'm working on cleaning up our Users and we have come across duplicate User Id's for the same person. However when I go to delete the duplicate it won't let me because there are issues attached to this user. Is there a way for me do a bulk update and change the issues to the primary user ID. Or am I stuck doing it manually.

Thanks

Tina Marie

2 answers

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

Yes, this is possible!

1. Select your issues using JQL

2. Click "options" (right side)

3. Click "bulk changes"

4. a wizard opens where you can define the new author/reporter

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

If you have the user right to do bulk updates (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+Multiple+('Bulk')+Issues) you could select all issues with the old userid as assignee or reporter and change the assignee or reporter to the new userid (one step for each field to change).

Maybe you have to adapt the workflow, so that changes are possible in all states (e.g. Closed could be not editable).

Henning

Suggest an answer