Delete user from project role (after user has been deleted in LDAP)

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2013

HEy,

just a question regarding project roles. Someone has deleted a few users in the remote LDAP directory without informing me first (full LDAP integration running on JIRA 5.0.7).

Now the users can't be deleted from project roles since they "don't exist anymore"... I new that this would happen but I'm trying to fix it neverthesless. I tried to re-create the user in the JIRA internal DB and it seemed to work at first. I can log in and work with the fake user(as if it were the real user). Deleting group memberships also works for the newly created user. Now if I want to delete the user from a role it doesn't work at all. No errors but the user just keeps displaying. Do I manually have to delete them from the DB e.g. in the projectroleactor table, or could I have the tech people re-activate the user in LDAP just for the purpose of deleting them afterwards?

Any ideas are being appreciated! (Can't disable users since I'm on 5.0.7)

Cheers

Christian

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2013

Hi Christian

I would delete it in the database as you stated by yourself:

delete from projectroleactor r 
where not exists (select u.id from cwd_user u where r.pid = u.id ) 
and r.pid is not null;

Note there are also entries in projectroleactor where pid is null ( no idea what reason for) but that's why I have this not null clause

Cheers Udo

Suggest an answer