Delete start and end date in JIRA plan

Faranak Firozan US October 23, 2020

Hi, 

I added "start date" and "end date" for tasks and Epics inside the JIRA Software plan and now there is no way to delete them! 

How can I delete the start and end date in my plan?

3 answers

0 votes
robfor01 February 27, 2024

For a Jira epic ticket, I was just able to delete the actual date using Tools > Bulk change > All issues > Choose issues > Edit > Change actual date, but with no replacement value.

0 votes
Martin Hechinger April 13, 2021

I have basically the same issue. I would like the delete the start and end date via jira automation if it is not within a sprint. This means I need the date field sometimes and sometimes not. But always if I delete the field it shows up again after i refresh the page. Even if I direct delete it in the detailed view deactivate all Jira automation to that issue.

I can not figure out, who or what writes it again.

In the history I can see the deletion by me and after words also the writing the same value by me into it again.

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2020

Do you mean a field you created, or do you mean your Jira PAYMENT plan?  

If you are referring to a field, that's controlled through your screen scheme (on classic projects).  There are 3 "views" for any ticket, and you can make the field visible/invisible that way. for each of those views.

If you created a custom field, you can just delete those fields from JIRA (if they're not being used)

You can also remove the field's availability, and that is controlled under "Fields", through the field configuration for your project.

You have to be an admin to control those settings:

chrome_2020-10-26_16-19-00.png

If you're using a Plugin/Addon to do the date fields, then this advice may not be accurate for your situation. 

Suggest an answer