I simply want to delete a step from an active workflow, but I don't want to end up with a workflow with a new name. I understand from this answer that I have to:
The problem with this, is that I have to use a new NAME for the workflow (I can't use the original name because it is still active, and I can't de-activate it because it is assigned to a scheme that is active in a project).
I ended up getting what I wanted, but I had to use the following (ridiculously convoluted) process:
I don't think I'll do that again. If I ever again have to delete a step from a WF, I'll just rename the WF to WF_v1.
Is there any other way?
I use a somewhat less convoluted process:
1. Copy the workflow to be edited.
2. Edit all necessary workflow schemes to use the copy from step 1 instead of the original.
3. Edit the original workflow.
4. Edit the same workflow schemes as step 2 to now use the original workflow again.
5. Delete the workflow copy from step 1.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot