Delete a user from our on-demand account

ranido September 13, 2014

Hi,

I have a user of a person who is not working in the company any more.

I want to remove it from JIRA so he/she will not have access and that I'll stop pay for them because they are not using the system any more.

When I try to delete the user JIRA complain that the user is the author of items in JIRA.

How can I remove the user so he/she will not have access and I'll not pay for them but the history will remain?

Thank you,

Ido.

1 answer

1 vote
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2014

Hi Ido,

You could remove him/her from the 'jira-users' group which will deny him access to JIRA and will make sure he's not counted towards your license anymore.

Best,

Maarten

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2014

Yup. You don't really want to delete the user - that does destroy some of the history. As Maarten says, disable the user and remove them from groups - they won't count and they can't use the system any more.

Suggest an answer