Delete User Directory while Synchronizing

Kathleen Buckley March 6, 2014

I installed JIRA 6.2 on my test server and wanted to add a new Directory. Unfortunately, I picked the wrong Directory Type ("Microsoft Active Directory" instead of "Internal with LDAP Directory") and now it won't let me delete the Directory until it's done synchronizing. It's been synchronizing for over an hour and indicates I can't delete the directory until it's done. Is there really no way to stop this thing and delete it?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kathleen Buckley March 12, 2014

I ended up letting it finish synchronizing (took over 20 hours). Once it was done it would let me delete it

0 votes
Kathleen Buckley March 12, 2014

I ended up letting it finish synchronizing (took over 20 hours). Once it was done it would let me delete it.

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2014

Hi, try to disable the directory. When it's disabled, you'll be able to delete it.

Cheers

Kathleen Buckley March 7, 2014

It will let me disable it, but then when i hit delete it tells me I have to finish synchronizing first. There are over 44,000 users and I can't leave it unattended while it tries to synchronize. So I'd like to delete it without finishing the first syncronization.

Suggest an answer