Delete Own Attachments permission check

yassine ben taleb November 7, 2017

Hi all , I'm using jira 6.2.7 and i wanna check programatically if a user has the permission Delete Own Attachments or not , i tried that code but it check only global permissions as i understand :

boolean userHasPermission = ComponentAccessor.getPermissionManager().hasPermission(Permissions.ATTACHMENT_DELETE_OWN, loggedUser);

any help ? thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2017

Hello,

Try this code (replace projectKey with the project key you need)

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.permission.ProjectPermissions

def project = ComponentAccessor.getProjectManager().getProjectByCurrentKey("projectKey");
def tmpUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()
if (ComponentAccessor.permissionManager.hasPermission(ProjectPermissions.DELETE_OWN_ATTACHMENTS , project, tmpUser)) {
log.error("user has permissions");
}

Thanks but this work only on jira 6.3 or above and i'm using jira 6.2.7

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2017

Show your errors, we will figure it out

i can't use that function in jira 6.2.7 as it's written in the atlasian doc here :

https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/6.3/com/atlassian/jira/security/PermissionManager.html 

hasPermission(...) can't take ProjectPermissions.DELETE_OWN_ATTACHMENTS as first param  before the version 6.3 , and about my first code i got this error 

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Expected global permission because the function takes only global permissions

it works now just i used 

boolean userHasPermission = permissionManager.hasPermission(Permissions.ATTACHMENT_DELETE_OWN, currentIssue ,loggedUser);

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2017

Nice to hear. Thankx :)

Suggest an answer