Delete Issue option unavailable for all projects in JIRA

As the title says, we can't delete any issue in JIRA. Administrators can't, project leads can't and endusers can't. I've tweaked permissionschemes but the button just isn't showing up. We work with JIRA Agile and JIRA servicedesk, is there somewhere else i could check?

We have the following add-ons installed:

Adaptavist ScriptRunner for JIRA

JIRA Calendar Plugin

JIRA Charting Plugin

JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions

JIRA Suite Utilities

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

That sounds like something has been hacked in your JIRA - there's no way to remove the delete option like that.  If you have the permission, then it should appear.  Things to check though:

• I assume you've checked the "permission helper" and that says you have the delete permission, so it should appear under the actions menu in the issues. 
  • I'd also check if you can do bulk-edit (filter for a handful of issues and only select one that you do have the permission to delete), and see if that can do it.
  • Javascript hacks might be removing the button, but they won't affect bulk-edit, so that's worth checking.
  • I'd want to check the system add-on section for disabled modules - that's a bit of a slog, but it might be possible to disable delete by turning off a module in the actions sections.  Not tried it myself, but it might be the problem

Thanks for the thorough answer Nic. We don't use Javascript hacks at our company so i'd imagine it's in the system add-on, done by the former JIRA admin. Where would i find this system add-on?

Should be under manage add-ons

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,249 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot