Delete Issue From Backlog

Anthony Lo November 19, 2017

I am the project admin however i cannot delete a task. It prompts a window asking me to contact the administrator. I have checked that I'm already the admin and project owner. Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2017

Hello,

Kindly check the project permission scheme in the project to which the issue belongs, that you have delete issues permission.

Anthony Lo November 20, 2017

Thanks so much :)

Like # people like this
1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2017

Admin rights give you admin rights.  Issue rights are separate to admin rights, and you need to be granted them separately.

Please, read your permission scheme for the project.  It does not say "admin can delete" or "project lead can delete"

(And rightly so, deleting Jira issues is a bad bad thing to do most of the time, but that's another story)

Anthony Lo November 20, 2017

Thanks so much :) I am deleting the dummy issues that created for testing purpose, thanks for the advice.

Roman Gaufman April 27, 2019

How do you grand them separately?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2019

Change the permission scheme, or put people in the roles that allow them admin.

Suggest an answer