Define custom field values in email for issue creation.

Alok Agnihotri February 11, 2014

Hi,

I need to create issues from incoming mails. I have configured Incoming mail server and mail handler for the same. But there are custom fields which remain undefined(set to their default values) when a issue is created via email. Is there any way to define custom field values in the email so that they are set automatically in the issue.

Please suggest any solution.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2014

The standard email handlers in Jira only do "create or comment", there's no parsing of the email beyond looking for an existing issue to comment on.

You need to find/write a more advanced handler that will read the body, extract what you think you need and import it.

Personally, I rarely bother writing anything at this level - I reach for JEMH every time, as it is far more powerful and flexible than anything I could knock together - see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.javahollic.jira.jemh-ui

Sreedhar Boggarapu February 25, 2014

Nic, I tried to search for JEMH plugin on my JIRA instance. But the the search is not brining up any results. I am not using downloaded JIRA. Does it have any dependency? Please advice. I greatly appreciate your help.

Like П Данилов likes this

Suggest an answer