Default watchers on issue creation

Stan Lee September 16, 2016

Hi,

I'ld like to know if it is possible to add a default list of watchers to an issue on creation?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2016

Yes, this can be done by adding a post function to the create transition.

One way to do so:

1. Add a custom group picker field to the issue.
  2. Set the post function to set that group to that custom field.
  3. Add the custom field group to the notification scheme.

Another way would be to go with a JIRA add-on that adds post function functionality to jira.

Stan Lee September 26, 2016

I tried doing this while it did work, we just ran into an issue where the post function replaces the values and not appends. @Noam Dahan, would you happen to know if there are any method to append the values instead of replacing it?

noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2016

You can do this and more by using the script runner add-on for JIRA as it lets you add a custom scripted transition. (The add-on provides the layout and you will need to write the script)

Check out this link for more info.

0 votes
Ravi Shah March 25, 2020

Hi @Stan Lee ,

You can achieve this by means of automation rules.

I was able to add a default watcher by simply creating an automation rule at the event (trigger) of New Issue Created, followed by certain conditions which are called components in automation rule config. No Plugins are required to do so and we can choose this rules at global level or at project level as well. BTW the rules are very cool to do lot of stuff automatically. 

HTH :)

Suggest an answer