Default value: none, for resolution

Mikael Glentoft December 5, 2012

Hi

We're having trouble with the resolution field.

1. It's mandatory

2. it has no none value

When we edit an issue, we have to set it - but there is no none value corresponding to the <null> value (in the database) which means the issue has no resolution.

We are forced to set it to something and the manually clear in in the database.

I think the resolution feature is broken - if I edit an issue, i should not have to set the resolution - I might just edit the description or something else not related to the status.

I should not have to create custom resolution values either as some kind of workaround as others have done (from what I've read briefly on the forum).

If possible, maybe we can have a screen sharing session some day next week?

Best regards,

Mikael

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2012

You need separate screens for Resolve issue . you will need to remove resolution field from other screens and add the field in resolve screen.

Mikael Glentoft December 13, 2012

Thansk - we solved it your way which also was the suggestion from the support.

What I don't understand is why they continue to force the resolution field to be mandatory if visible and connected to transitions. In my case we would like to manually set it and in order to do that it must be visible in different screens, but since there is no "none" option it's not possible.

Regards,

Mikael

Suggest an answer