Default value if not set

Morten Sigsgaard January 17, 2013

Hi,

Im looking for a method to force the use of a specific Fix / Version value, defined by the Project context. In short, when using Create Issue mail listener, the Fix / Version turns up blank, thus making it in-accessible via Agile tab / Greenhopper.

I can't believe this is not something others would have thought of, so where is the setting to define the default value for a field, be it custom or inbuilt?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Morten Sigsgaard January 23, 2013

Facing different issues, I decided to write my own listener/mailhandler plugin.. Tried various approaches, but a JETI and Issue Collector combo didnt quite meet my standards.

Since the helpdesk is to be run through greenhopper for state transitions, its fields needs to be setup correct when there are incoming issues. Thx to Renjith for pointing out the custom filter boards, it will help me a great deal.

Everything boiled down, then problem is, that Issue Collector has a bug with positioning the popup of autorender fields..

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

Setting a hard coded fix version in the mail handler may not be always right as it requires someone (usually a PM ) to plan which features/bugs gets into which release. Isn't it?

Also in agile boards, filtering based on fixVersion may not be the right way. In fact adding the fixversion is done once the item passes through the sprint and get completed (at the end of sprint). During planning it is just the list of items in the order of priority.

Morten Sigsgaard January 18, 2013

Well, thing is; The project is for use with a support helpdesk and I need the opportunity to differ in products, say one issue belongs to Toys and another Gadgets.

As opposed to having different projects, I would like to simply filter through greenhopper. You say 'filtering based on'.. You meant to inform me, that greenhopper can be set to filter on any fields?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2013

While the last comment looks quite different than the original question, the answer is yes, you can create quick filters in GreenHopper (am still confused with the actual requirement)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+Quick+Filters

Morten Sigsgaard January 19, 2013

Much obliged for your time :)

I suppose i should've specified, in fact it is the Affected Version field which I need to be set. It is due to an error within Issue Collectors, that fails to position the autorender popup - and leaves users with a blank select.

I believe the root cause is calculating the position of said select popup, however this is a different issue.

I have tried the quick filters, but as i see it this requires me to created sprints and swimlanes, thus making the board much more complicated then the Classic Task board is..

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2013

Morten:

Now I am even more confused :( Can you describe the problem again, or is there a problem at all?

We have Issue Collector, Issue Creation from Email, Filtering in GreenHopper, Fix Versions and Affects Versions :)

Suggest an answer