Default time used in date picker fields on CSV import

Steven Bello January 13, 2020

Hello all, 

My team is working on importing issues via CSV and is bumping into a road block with our date/time picker. The field on the CSV is only using a date (no time in the spreadsheet cell). When it's mapped to our date/time picker field and created in a ticket, a time is inserted as 12:00PM in the Server default time on the date from the CSV import. 

The problem coming from this is that any person with with custom timezone set in their profile sees the date as 1 day before the intended date that is uploaded. Example - 

CSV contains 15/Dec/2019 in the date/time picker column. When uploaded to jira we see 15/Dec/2019 12:00PM. But a worker on the west coast of the US see 14/Dec/2019 9:00PM. The date appears one day before the intended date because of the "default" time data as part of date/time pickers in Jira if no time is input during an import from CSV.

My question to the community would be - Is there a setting or default somewhere in Jira that allows an admin to set what "default" time is used in a date/time picker field if no time is entered?

I fully understand we could have anyone not on the same timezone as Jira change their timezone back to default or we could find a new date field that is not a date/time picker; but for the purposes of a major project we have in motion, those 2 options can't be used. This is being testing on Jira 7.6.4 and the production import will be on Jira 8.5.3.

0 answers

Suggest an answer