It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Default story/task/issue status change

Hi I am trying to change the default status on any issue/task or story. When we create a new issue/story/task it "defaults" to "cancelled" and not "to do". I read in a comment of another question if might have something to do with the workflows but I don't think we have workflows yet. Thank you 

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Simei.Antoniades ,

Can you upload a screenshot of Issue's workflow?

As far as I know, all Issues need to be matched with a workflow.

If you're using Jira Cloud's next-gen project, it might be matching columns.

TIM截图20191206143534.png

Hi Ollie it seems we don't have a workflow. Whenever we add a new issue or task it sets automatically to cancelled and not to do. 

Hi @Simei.Antoniades 

From your screenshot is To Do, not Cancelled.

In addition, you can see the workflow in the following way?

BTW:Users need "View Read-Only Workflow" permission to see the workflow, please contact the administrator to confirm whether you have this permission

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-project-permissions-776636362.html

TIM截图20191206145750.png

Hi @Ollie Guan_携程  we changed the status manually to To Do as it defaulted to cancelled when we just create a new task or issue. I have admin rights but it still seems as if none of us can see the workflow part

Can you find the workflow configuration in the project settings?

TIM截图20191206151239.png

Hi @Ollie Guan_携程  I see your screen shot is from the main Jira project. We are working on a next gen project. Could that maybe be the cause. None of the other team member can see the workflow part. We can only see status and that is was created by Jira and cant be edited 

As an administrator in the next-gen project, you should be able to adjust by dragging and adding columns.

TIM截图20191206152700.png

we are still on the backlog. Thus when we create a new issue its status is already cancelled and if a team member forgets to change it to something else it gets lost or forgotten 

So what is the status of the first column in your board?

When the issue created, it should match the state of the first column by default.

ok I now feel like an total idiot. I moved the columns and it works. Thank you for your help and patients.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you