Default schemes

Mauro Cortesi October 3, 2016

Hello,

It's possible when a project is created not create the default workflow and use one previously designed ?, same for issues, screens, etc ..

Thanks,

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2016

Hi,

In the latest versions of JIRA (i am on 7.1.9) a new feature is added called "Create with shared configuration", which allows you to create a project with a shared configuration. On the first screen you select a project, you name it and give it a project key on the second screen and on the 3rd screen you got your project with shared screenschemes, permission schemes, issuetypes and so forth.

This feature did not exist in 6.x so you might have to be on the latest version of JIRA Software/Core

0 votes
David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2016

So far, whenever you created a project, you then had to manually get rid of all the useless default schemes creaed by JIRA. This takes forever due to the bad UI design, which means you'll have to open Workflow, click to see "inactive" workflows, wait for them to load, scroll down, click delete, wait, confirm deletion, reload the page and have to click to see "inactive" ones again. And then do the same for all the other auto-generated schemes like issue type schemes and so on.

I have not found a way to bulk remove these useless, auto-generated schemes (if you're willing to take a risk, try removing them from your JIRA's database.)

I'll be really happy if Atlassian has really fixed this for a future version.

Suggest an answer