Default issue status per board

Marcus Schumann February 9, 2017

Hi!

We have a kanban board for our backlog as well as a scrum board for our sprints/development process. When standing in the scrum board, ideally I want the issue to be created with default status "Open", whereas when standing in kanban board, the issue should be created with default status "Submitted".

Is this possible? Currently all our issues gets created with status "Submitted" because the workflow's default status is "Submitted", regardless if you're creating it inside an active sprint, the sprint's backlog or the kanban backlog.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2017

No, the workflow only has one "create" point.

The best you could do is an automatic transition from the create status to another one, but I'm not sure how you could detect which board was used to trigger the create.

Marcus Schumann February 10, 2017

I see, is there anywhere where I can make suggestions to JIRA what they should implement?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2017

https://jira.atlassian.com

But be aware that Atlassian have closed down similar requests before.

Suggest an answer