Default issue ordering of "changed" jql operator?

Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2015

Hi everybody,

i have tried the "changed" jql operator and i couldn't understand what's the default ordering of issues.

For example i have used the following jql

assignee changed by currentUser()

but the ordering of issues was not clear to me.

Does anyone have an idea?

1 answer

0 votes
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2015

Hey Kostas!

I did some research over here and I'm pretty sure issues are ordered by the date of its creation, from the most recent to the oldest. However, you can force any order you want by adding a ORDER BY command to the query.

See the example below:

assignee CHANGED BY currentUser() ORDER BY created DESC

This will search for all issues that had the Assignee field changed by the currently logged in user and order the results by the Created Date in descending order. You could also use ASC for ascending order in this case.

--

Cheers!

Joao 

Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2015

Hi Joao, thanks for your time on that. I am not quite sure that the default ordering is the creation date. I have used the following jql assignee changed by currentUser() and the order was not the creation date, neither the updated date. I have a screenshot but i do not see the option to attach it in my comment :(

Suggest an answer