Default content in description field for a bug

Deleted user July 11, 2012

We are using OnDemand version of JIRA (legacy studio). We were using a Javascript to place a certain content in the description field if the issue type was bug to guide the QA team on the steps they need to mention to describe the problem in detail.

Since the last upgrade where we changed the issue creation UI, even though the script is present, it doesn't display the content.

Is there a way that we can get this function to work again?

2 answers

0 votes
Rob June 1, 2014

Jira uses Votes on existing issues to determine how and when something gets acomplished, so be sure to vote on the existing issue for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-4812

0 votes
Azwandi Mohd Aris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2012

I am not sure if it now shows an unrendered HTML script, but I suppose that is the case. In the beginning of July 2012, we introduced some changes to the JIRA field markup, which does not allow HTML scripts due to security concerns. More information about this in the release summary - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/July+2012#July2012-FieldmarkupchangesinJIRAOnDemand.

Hope that answers your question.

Deleted user August 23, 2012

Hi Azwandi,

I'm talking about the issue description field. Does the change mentioned above apply there as well? What are my options now? I need this text to be there as this acted as a guideline to the QA while filing bugs.

The content was like the following -

<script type="text/javascript">
if ((document.getElementById('issue-create-issue-type').innerHTML == 'Bug') && (document.getElementById("description").value == ""))

{ document.getElementById("description").value = "Test Description:\n\nPrerequisites:\n\nSteps to Reproduce:\n\nExpected Results:\n\nActual Results:\n\nTestcase ID in Test link:\n "; }

</script>

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

Hi, all HTML are now disabled for OnDemand I think. Your best option if you do need these customizations would be get JIRA hosted separately either in house or by another provider and not use Atlassian OnDemand.

Deleted user October 8, 2012

Thanks Harry. This is real bad. This was really helping us to provide a template of what QA needs to include in a Bug's description and now we don't have it. :(

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2012

If HTML feature is going to be so important for you, you might consider moving to a JIRA hosted solution outside of OnDemand.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events