Default available issue types missing

James Burnett September 23, 2015

The default issue type scheme I am using only has task and sub-task. I am expecting to see sub task, bug, improvement, new feature and task. 

Where can I make these other issue types available? 

2 answers

2 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2015

Hi James,

JIRA doesn't have default issue types any more.
Issue types are now created when Projects are created.
Bug issue type is created when a Software project is created and that project type is available with JIRA Agile.

You can create your own issue types and associate them on a Workflow Scheme for having bugs, features and other issue types associated to your projects.

We still need to get some documentation updated regarding this.

Here is more on Associating Issue Types with Projects

Cheers

Jon Wong October 4, 2015

I was confused about this when I signed up for a new JIRA account. I was already very familiar with JIRA cloud before. Thanks Mauro.

Darren Broadhead January 23, 2017

Thank you Mauro.  I was starting to panic that I had to wipe the whole cloud instance and start again.  I am going to leave it with missing stories if it is not going to be used.

0 votes
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2015

You can create a new issue type scheme and add those issue types in that scheme.

Then apply this issue type scheme for your project, then all those issue typeswill be availablefor your project

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/associating-issue-types-with-projects-185729585.html

Pilar

Suggest an answer