Default assignee back to ticket creator

andrey dmitriev November 19, 2012

I am not sure why Atlassian keeps changing default behaviour.

In version prior to 5.x default assignee was the ticket creator. Now it's "automatic".

How do we change it back to ticket creator?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2012

That script worked for me:

<script type="text/javascript">      
if (AJS.$("#assignee").val()[0] === "-1"){     
var loggedInUser = JIRA.Meta.getLoggedInUser();      
var assigneeSelect = AJS.$("#assignee");      
assigneeSelect.trigger('set-selection-value', loggedInUser.name); } 
</script>

andrey dmitriev November 25, 2012

we've been using Jira for a number of years, and this is the first time we have encountered this, so maybe the default behaviour wasn't the same in version 4.0, but it was for us, maybe due to upgrades.

Where do I stick this Javascript?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2012

Again, the default behaviour has not changed. It must be something in your installation that has stopped working, so it's gone back to the defaults.

Christian's code should work in the description of any field on the screen.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2012

>In version prior to 5.x default assignee was the ticket creator

Nope, that's something in your install. The v4 installs I look after all have "automatic". It's not changed. (I don't remember seeing a setting for it though)

Maybe you've got some javascript in your v4 which changed it to reporter and it has stopped working in v5?

Suggest an answer