Default Values plugin: How to configure Default values plugin version 3.0.2

Madhura N Kulkarni June 6, 2014

Hi, Some time back, we evaluated the 2.2.0 version of the Default Values plugin and it was very easy to configure. All we had to do was - Select Project, Issue type and add default values to any fields.

But with the new version, I see a new admin UI where it says Schemes and Field Configurations. How can i configure that?

Basically I am looking to do the following-

For some issue types of some projects, I would like to add default text to the Description field.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

7 answers

0 votes
Madhura N Kulkarni June 29, 2014

The problem has been resolved after upgrading the plugin.

0 votes
Madhura N Kulkarni June 12, 2014

Thanks. It works after assigning the browse permission.

0 votes
Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2014

Hello @MK,

We have just released version 3.0.3 with possible fix. Please upgrade and let us know if the problem is gone.

In case it is still there, could you please take a look into JIRA server log and let us know if there is anything related?
We've performed very careful code inspection and we are almost sure that the issue happened on the server side. Therefore you should have a visible trace of the issue in JIRA log.

Many thanks for the report,
Gebsun

0 votes
Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2014

Please also check your JIRA log and let us know if there are any errors (possibly with stacktraces from the code).

Thanks,
Gebsun

0 votes
Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2014

Hi,

Something wrong must be happenning with the plugin.

Can you please open java script console, refresh the page and let us know if there are any errors?

Thanks,
Gebsun

0 votes
Madhura N Kulkarni June 8, 2014

Thank you! But when I click on Configure Field Configuration, it does not show the Description field. Thats the one I want to set default values for. How can I get the Description field? Also I do not see any Save or Submit Button. Please advise.

0 votes
Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2014

Hi,

The procedure is quite simple:

• go to 'Field Configuration page, add new field configuration and set default value for description field
  • go to 'Schemes' page, add new scheme and
    • link it with selected projects
    • configure schema: use the button to link selected issue types with field configuration created in step one (through the schema you link 'field configuration' with projects and issue types).

Lets us know if that answers your question or you need further assistance.

Generally we changed the admin UI so it allows to link single configuration/template with many projects and issue types. This way you can change default value later and only once to update all linked projects and issue types. That is a great relief for JIRA instances with tens or hundreds of projects.
This feature was requested by many users but we are aware that it complicates the UI.

Regards,
Gebsun

Madhura N Kulkarni June 11, 2014

Thanks Gebsun, the problem has been resolved. It was due to the mis configured date format change.

But now I have a different problem. I created a configuration and a scheme. But when I try to associate with a project, some projects are missing from the Projects list. Not sure how I can see all projects in that list.

Thanks.

Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2014

Hi,

We have inspected the code and it looks like we list only projects for which current user has 'browse project' permission. We will deploy a fix tomorrow.
In the meantime you can try to adjust the settings so you have a 'browse project' permission for missing projects.

WRT the previous issue. Could you share more details what you mean by 'misconfigured date format change'? We would love to make the plugin resistant for such issues.

Thanks,
Gebsun

Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2014

We have released version 3.0.4 with the fix so it is possible to configure the plugin for all projects despite of the 'browse projects' permission of current user.

BTW. This version contains also a fix for nasty bug breaking some parts of JIRA (under Java7 and some combination of project versions).

Best,
Gebsun

Suggest an answer