Default Restricting Comment Visibility

Brett Germain April 13, 2021

I have searched around and not found a clear answer on this, I have internal business users that I would like to give access to Jira so they can submit requests to the backlog and follow a ticket across our Kanban board.  I do not want these business users to be able to comment or read the comments from my engineers, is there a way to set the default to hide comments from the non engineering roles?

1 answer

0 votes
Ash Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2021

Hey @Brett Germain 

2 potential options

Option 1 (recommended)

In this scenario I'd recommend you set up an instance of JIRA service management to work with JIRA software.

JSM has the "service portal" functionality where your business units can see tickets they raise, and the status of them. It also has the ability for internal comments.

With our clients all their requests go via the portal - we then have a kanban board set up that we can see those requests along with Jira software issues as well.

The cool thing with JSM is that customers (eg business users) do not count to license costs. 

Option 2

You could look at jira and use the "issue collector" to get your business units to submit tasks - and potentially set up dashboards that anyone without access can view, but that's a bit of mucking around.

Ash

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events