It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Default Reporter

Good Morning, 

i have 4 users on Jira, 2 developers , one contributor ,and myself . Anyone can Add issues to the backlog . My question is , i want my developers to add issues, but as soon as its added, myself needs to be the Reporter , so that i get notified on everything wrt issues. Please note im using the JIra cloud version. 

2 answers

Hi @Vincent Jacobs ,

Next-Gen Project or Classic Project?

I suggest you not to modify the reporter.Modify the email notification scheme so that you can receive email notifications for all issues.

hi, 

its Next-Gen Project

Hi @Vincent Jacobs ,

Currently ,there is no notification scheme in the next-gen project. You can refer to the following post to implement scheduled push by subscription.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-can-I-get-an-email-when-an-issue-is-created-for-a-next-gen/qaq-p/1146396

Like Jason Rendon likes this

There are post-functions available which you can add to your workflow to update certain fields upon issue creation.  However I've just taken a look (Server version 8.2) and Reporter is not available as a field to update, but it might be on your cloud version.

There are add-ons available (such as Jira Misc Workflow Extensions) which allow you to update additional fields.  You then simply add a Post-Function to the "create" transition of your workflow to update the Reporter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you