Default Reporter

Vincent Jacobs November 27, 2019

Good Morning, 

i have 4 users on Jira, 2 developers , one contributor ,and myself . Anyone can Add issues to the backlog . My question is , i want my developers to add issues, but as soon as its added, myself needs to be the Reporter , so that i get notified on everything wrt issues. Please note im using the JIra cloud version. 

2 answers

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2019

There are post-functions available which you can add to your workflow to update certain fields upon issue creation.  However I've just taken a look (Server version 8.2) and Reporter is not available as a field to update, but it might be on your cloud version.

There are add-ons available (such as Jira Misc Workflow Extensions) which allow you to update additional fields.  You then simply add a Post-Function to the "create" transition of your workflow to update the Reporter.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2019

Hi @Vincent Jacobs ,

Next-Gen Project or Classic Project?

I suggest you not to modify the reporter.Modify the email notification scheme so that you can receive email notifications for all issues.

Vincent Jacobs November 27, 2019

hi, 

its Next-Gen Project

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2019

Hi @Vincent Jacobs ,

Currently ,there is no notification scheme in the next-gen project. You can refer to the following post to implement scheduled push by subscription.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-can-I-get-an-email-when-an-issue-is-created-for-a-next-gen/qaq-p/1146396

Like Jason Rendon likes this

Suggest an answer