Default JIRA worflow attached to Project

Nathan Parker October 8, 2012

Hi All,

I created a new workflow and issue type and linked them together and then linked it to a project. It defaults to the default JIRA workflow on the project and I am unable to change it. This project has an already existing workflow so this would be the second type linked.

I have tried going to Projects --> Workflows but from here I do not have the "Change" option that I read in the Help section. When I try to "Use a different Scheme" it only lets me change the pre existing workflow that I want to keep.

What am I missing here?

Thanks

Nathan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nathan Parker October 9, 2012

Hi Nic,

I worked it out. I needed to make the workflow scheme unactive so I could modify it and attach the new wokflow to the scheme and then re attach it to the project.

Thanks

Nathan

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2012

It's not clear to me whether you are looking at the workflow or the workflow *scheme*. You can't link workflows directly to issue types or projects, you have to go through a scheme.

What you are doing is a three step process:

1. Define a new workflow

2. Define a workflow *scheme* that says something like "use workflow 1 for issue type A, workflow 2 for issue type B, and workflow 3 for all other issue types"

3. Associate the project with the workflow scheme.

Could you go through that and explain what you've done at each step?

Nathan Parker October 8, 2012

Hi Nic,

1. Define a new Workflow – Issues à Workflow à Add Workflow. Created and for example named it "ABC Deployment Request".

2. Define a Workflow Scheme – Issues à Workflow à Workflow Schemes àAdd a Workflow Scheme. Named ABC Deployment Request again. Then Assign à “Associate the Issue Type with a Workflow”. Link Issue Type ABC Deployment Request to Workflow ABC Deployment Request.

3. Associate the Project with the Workflow Scheme. Go to Issue à Issue Type àIssue Type Scheme. There was a pre existing Scheme I was already using for the existing project. I clicked Edit on the pre existing Issue Type Scheme and dragged across ABC Deployment Request to the scheme and then it was linked to the project.

When I go to the Project screen I can see that the Issue Type ABC Deployment Request is there but the newly added Workflow is Jira (Default)

Thanks

Nathan

Suggest an answer