I created a new workflow and issue type and linked them together and then linked it to a project. It defaults to the default JIRA workflow on the project and I am unable to change it. This project has an already existing workflow so this would be the second type linked.
I have tried going to Projects --> Workflows but from here I do not have the "Change" option that I read in the Help section. When I try to "Use a different Scheme" it only lets me change the pre existing workflow that I want to keep.
What am I missing here?
It's not clear to me whether you are looking at the workflow or the workflow *scheme*. You can't link workflows directly to issue types or projects, you have to go through a scheme.
What you are doing is a three step process:
1. Define a new workflow
2. Define a workflow *scheme* that says something like "use workflow 1 for issue type A, workflow 2 for issue type B, and workflow 3 for all other issue types"
3. Associate the project with the workflow scheme.
Could you go through that and explain what you've done at each step?
1. Define a new Workflow – Issues à Workflow à Add Workflow. Created and for example named it "ABC Deployment Request".
2. Define a Workflow Scheme – Issues à Workflow à Workflow Schemes àAdd a Workflow Scheme. Named ABC Deployment Request again. Then Assign à “Associate the Issue Type with a Workflow”. Link Issue Type ABC Deployment Request to Workflow ABC Deployment Request.
3. Associate the Project with the Workflow Scheme. Go to Issue à Issue Type àIssue Type Scheme. There was a pre existing Scheme I was already using for the existing project. I clicked Edit on the pre existing Issue Type Scheme and dragged across ABC Deployment Request to the scheme and then it was linked to the project.
When I go to the Project screen I can see that the Issue Type ABC Deployment Request is there but the newly added Workflow is Jira (Default)
Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG