I created a new workflow and issue type and linked them together and then linked it to a project. It defaults to the default JIRA workflow on the project and I am unable to change it. This project has an already existing workflow so this would be the second type linked.
I have tried going to Projects --> Workflows but from here I do not have the "Change" option that I read in the Help section. When I try to "Use a different Scheme" it only lets me change the pre existing workflow that I want to keep.
What am I missing here?
It's not clear to me whether you are looking at the workflow or the workflow *scheme*. You can't link workflows directly to issue types or projects, you have to go through a scheme.
What you are doing is a three step process:
1. Define a new workflow
2. Define a workflow *scheme* that says something like "use workflow 1 for issue type A, workflow 2 for issue type B, and workflow 3 for all other issue types"
3. Associate the project with the workflow scheme.
Could you go through that and explain what you've done at each step?
1. Define a new Workflow – Issues à Workflow à Add Workflow. Created and for example named it "ABC Deployment Request".
2. Define a Workflow Scheme – Issues à Workflow à Workflow Schemes àAdd a Workflow Scheme. Named ABC Deployment Request again. Then Assign à “Associate the Issue Type with a Workflow”. Link Issue Type ABC Deployment Request to Workflow ABC Deployment Request.
3. Associate the Project with the Workflow Scheme. Go to Issue à Issue Type àIssue Type Scheme. There was a pre existing Scheme I was already using for the existing project. I clicked Edit on the pre existing Issue Type Scheme and dragged across ABC Deployment Request to the scheme and then it was linked to the project.
When I go to the Project screen I can see that the Issue Type ABC Deployment Request is there but the newly added Workflow is Jira (Default)
Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot