Deciding who has access to other content than portal

i96danma November 3, 2017

We have a Jira instance where we have both service desk and software projects. In some of the software projects, we'd like to enable our internal stake holders to view issues, their priorities and what versions they're placed and place comments on issues.

However, unless users have access to the Jira Software application, they are redirected to the customer portal no matter what URL is used to access the software project. How can we configure Jira to allow access for the types of users that are not directly involved in the project?

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2017

Hi @i96danma,

You can use the following scenarios:

1. a user has application access to Jira Software, but not to Jira Service Desk (i.e. he/she is not an agent): if you add the user to the Service Desk Team role of a Service Desk project, that will allow him to see issues and comment (internally).
  2. a user has application access to both Jira Software and Jira Service Desk (i.e. he/she is also an agent): adding the user to the Service Desk Team role of a Service Desk project will allow him the same as in option 1, but also transition issues, comment publicly and access the Service Desk Agent UI (with queues, reports etc).
  3. a user does not have application access to Jira Software (or Jira Core). In this case, the user will not be able to participate on Jira Service Desk issues, but at best be added to Service Desk as a Customer. Doing so will redirect him/her automatically to the Portal.

Regarding scenario 3, see Atlassian Documentation (involve Jira Software or Jira Core users)

Suggest an answer