Deactivate users in Remote Crowd and change email handler user creation

Blommetje November 6, 2013

hi,

I have an email handler that works fine. However, for every email that send a users is created. This is really pushing my user license.. Is there any way to handle issues without creating a new user?

Second: I want to deactivate a lot users because of this issue but I can't. I have the Ondemand version and in the users properties it says: "Remote Crowd Directory". No one ever logged in, but deactivating them won't work.

Also, if I deactivate them, will they be able to send in new issues?

Thank in Advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2013

Hi Maarten,

You could in your mail handler define a default reporter and deselect the create users checkbox.

Now mails send by people who don't have a user account in Jira will be created with this default reporter as the reporter.

To bulk deselect application access you can go to the Application Acces Menu underneath the User Management Admin Tab and simply start clicking checkboxes.

Do keep in mind that for On Demand your user count is dependent not on the amount of users in the users group but of the amount of users you've granted access to Jira through the application access checkbox.

You might want to check that page first just so you can see how many users count towards your license.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer