Deactivate external links in userprofile

Wilhelm Krüger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013

Hello guys,

is it possible to deactivate the following external links for users in their user profile?

- Agile Answers

- About JIRA

- What's New

Cheers,

Wilhelm

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013

As far as I know you can't disable it via UI. It's the jira.webfragments.user.navigation.bar you're talking about I guess. Can be found in your systems plugin library (Bereiche der oberen Benutzernavigationsleiste).

0 votes
ironeagle May 29, 2013

The only way to disable the menu items "About Jira" and "What's New" is to modify WEB-INF/classes/webfragment/system-user-nav-bar-sections.xml. Find the keys you want to disable ie "view-about" key and change state property from enabled to disabled.

When you are done, restart Jira.

0 votes
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2013

Hello Wilhelm,

I don't seem to get those links in my user profile screen, can you please elaborate more about it? Perhaps you can attach a screenshot?

Looking forward for your reply. :)

Wilhelm Krüger
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2013

I added a screenshot in first place, but I think its not possible to attach Files anymore. If you're logged in in JIRA and klick on the small arrow next to your name a menu containing these external links will appear.

AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2013

Hey again, Wilhelm.

I' afraid that this is not possible to be done in the User Interface level. You need to go to JIRA code to customize it and disable those modules.

Suggest an answer