Days lasted for an issue

Markos Stefanou January 3, 2018

Hello, I'm looking for a way to calculate the days an issue lasted in a custom field.

I want to populate a field when an issue closes by doing a simple calculation in a workflow's post function that closes the issue: current date - creation day, any suggestions on how to do that?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Thank you for your time, I was looking for a simple answer and I finally found it:

A Calculated Number Field (from JWT) with this Math/Numeric Expression:

({Pause Date} != null? round(({Current date and time} - {Pause Date}) / {DAY}): 0)

Pause Date is the date field that describes when the project was put on hold. The field always calculates what I needed automatically.

Thanks!

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2018

Hello,

You would need an addon for it like Adaptivist ScriptRunner or Power Scripts

I have ScriptRunner, what do I do next?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2018

You need to create a post function with a script like this

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import java.util.Date
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.DefaultIssueChangeHolder
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.ModifiedValue

def csDays = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("text_single_line_field")

Date currentDate = new Date();
Date createdDate = issue.getCreated();
def days = (Integer)( (currentDate.getTime() - createdDate.getTime()) / (1000 * 60 * 60 * 24));
csDays.updateValue(null, issue, new ModifiedValue("", (Object) days.toString()), new DefaultIssueChangeHolder())
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2018

I also began to learn Power Scripts. In case it can be useful. If you have Power Scripts plugin, you can add a post function with a code like this

#{text_single_line_field} = currentDate() - created;

It would do about the same.

Suggest an answer