I realized that I have found some stories in the active board with red points, that represents the number of days the issue is on a given column in my board, on my case it shows 86 days. My issue was created on Jan/22/2019, therefore instead of informing the number of days the story was in a given column (status) it is reporting the number of days since the story was created.
The story turned in to BUILD COMPLETE on Apr, 2nd, 2019, but it is not showing that.
The workflow for the story is: TO DO -> IN BUILD -> BUILD COMPLETE -> IN QAT -> QAT COMPLETE or REWORK (in case of fail) -> DONE.
The left-most column of my board represents two statuses: TO DO or BUILD COMPLETE. It is a QAT Board, so stories at this board start with BUILD COMPLETE status (implementation finished). The TO DO status is for other issue types, such tasks.
If I run the query:
project = XXXX AND issuetype = Story AND status = "BUILD COMPLETE"
AND status changed BEFORE -15d
to identify stories in BUILD COMPLETE more than 15 days, the story appears, because it was turned into BUILD COMPLETE on 4/2/2019.
I would like to understand better how the information: days in a column works. I have several issues with the same problem. In some cases they have been participated in more than one Sprint, because three boards representing the effort of 2 development team and QAT team.
In other cases I am getting the correct number, but sometimes the information is completely wrong.
Thanks in advance,
Note: I don't believe days in column really represents the number of days on a given column, instead it represents the number of days on a given status. For example if you have a story in TO DO status 20 days in the backlog, and you move it from the backlog into your active sprint that has a column: TO DO and you started the sprint a days ago, the value: days in this column is not going to show 1 day, instead it will show 20 days, so rather than showing number of days in a column it shows number of days in a given status.
Greetings! There appear to be a few defects on this for cloud and server, which our vendor has closed as "no repro".
After analyzing some cases where this problem occurs on one of our team's Kanban boards, I see that when an issue goes backwards in the columns (status flow), the time appears to be computed as:
"Days in Column" = (Difference from TODAY and First Date in column) - Number of days spent in other columns (sometimes...)
It is the "sometimes" part that I haven't be able to discern.
I am guessing this is deterministic, but without the source code it will be difficult to nail down the repro steps.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events