Datetime customfield is 5 hrs off?

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2012

While testing, I notice one of my customfield (datetime picker) is 5 hrs off. THe JIRA datetime is fine using EST, but for some reason when I pick the date, the time is like 5 hrs behind. Is there something that I can fix this? I def want to fix this before we go live.

Thanks in advance!

5 answers

1 vote
Ruchi Tandon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2012

@ Eva

I would suggest you to check the following :

1. Timezone setting on the JIRA level(General Configuration) - I see that you already did that.
  2. Timezone setting in your user profile
  3. Timezone stiing of the server on which JIRA is running
  4. Timezone set at the database level
  5. Timezone set at the Java level

I hope this helps.

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2012

done 1-4. Not sure what you mean by 5. I mean if anything, its strange for that picker to show wrong time when everythign else (created, updated...etc) shows the right time.

Thanks again!

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2012
0 votes
Andy Barksdale November 7, 2012

I do Jira administration for a company based out of San Francisco, Ca. We have a similar problem in our production environment. I was able to resolve it in our dev/staging environment via the following method:

Modify the “Default user time zone” settings under Administration/General Configuration

TO Region (GMT Offset) Time Zone (GMT +00:00) GMT

This displays the correct time when creating a new issue. (assuming your application system time is accurate)

Then, you need to set your profile preferences to Region (GMT Offset) and Time Zone to reflect the time zone you reside in. SF = (GMT -08:00) GMT -8

Then, you have to go through each Date/Time field for your project, choose Configure, and Edit the Default Value to “Use the current time and date as the default” (check the box, Set to Default)

This auto-populates those fields with the correct time upon issue creation, and you still have the option to adjust it to a different time as well.

0 votes
Klaus Schussler September 23, 2012

Same problem here. Why does this offset occur? Jira server with linux uses the utc with timezone amsterdam here. When using the datetime picker, a offset of +2 is added (UTC +1 and daylight saving, total of +2).

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2012

Not sure, does your system info show the right timezone? http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Viewing+your+System+Information

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2012

I did that before I post the question, the system time is in -500 EST, which is right. Every other fields, like updated/created are correct on the date/time it just the time picker field seems to be 5 hrs off

Suggest an answer