Dates in queries are incorrect but the ticket date is correct / JRE requriement question

John Szarek August 9, 2012

We upgraded from 5.0 to 5.1 and afterwards, the dates in our queries are no longer working. In the Issue Navigator they show up as being from '59,'80,'13,'65... and they are all from 2009 and beyond. When you go into the issue / ticket itself the dates are correct.

Secondly is there any reason we cannot upgrade to JRE 7 U 5 vs JRE 6 U 31?

3 answers

0 votes
John Szarek August 12, 2012

I have modified the date format fields, and the YEAR part of the date is completely fubar! using the mm/dd/yyyy format gives 8 character long years. using the dd/MMM/yy gives years that range all over the century. When querying the DB, the dates are correct. When viewing the tickets in Jira they appear correct.

When you view them in the issues results they are wrong.

0 votes
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2012

Hi John,

If you are already running JIRA on JAVA 7, then I will recommend that you downgrade the JDK to 6 which is the current supported platform for JIRA 5.1: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Supported+Platforms

John Szarek August 12, 2012

We are currently running 6 u 31, just wanted to know if we could upgrade. I still have a major issue with the dates and custom fields!

0 votes
John Szarek August 9, 2012

Just noticed that queries against custom fields are no longer returning correct results also.

Suggest an answer