Date of close issue

Rumceisz October 28, 2012

Hi All,

we need a custom field which shows the date/time of the close of an issue. I know that the History tab shows the close issue date for each issue but we need the export a report which results the close date for all the issues.

How can we do that?

Thank in advance

Rumi

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2012

Create a Date custom field and capture the current date in the post function of Close transition using the JIRA Suite Utilities plugin (Update Issue Custom Field Value).

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2012

Is it a date custom field or a date time field? Did you try both? Also check the version of the plugin. I have used it in the past but not in the latest versions.

Rumceisz October 29, 2012

Hi Jobin,

somehow it doesn't work:

I insterted %%CURRENT_DATETIME%% but it failed to update the field value.

I didn't find a tutorial for this plugin.

Can you please help?

Hi Jobin,

now it works! Great!

The only problem that it set the field only in now...

do you know asolution which set the custom field in the past transitions also?

You know: the requesters need to do a monthly report tomorrow and needs these infos back from 1 month ago

Thanks again!

Rumi

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2012

well, you cant do that with this approach. You will have to find the date and fix it in DB!

how do you mean fix it?

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2012

You will have to add an entry for the customfield in the customfieldvalue table.

Rumceisz October 30, 2012

Hi Jobin,

I discussed with our system admin but he has no idea how to put an entry in the DB.

Can you please hint?

0 votes
Nitha Muthirenthy June 2, 2015

Hi Rumi,

Could you please let me know how you got the post function to update custom field with %%CURRENT_DATETIME%%  work finally?. I added this post function to a transition  to Closed status, but the status did not get updated. I am using On Demand version of JIRA.

image2015-6-3 14:40:17.png

0 votes
Maxim Abramovich October 28, 2012

Why "Resolution date" standart field is bad?

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2012

That captures the date of resolution. Closed Date is the date when the issue is closed I guess? That is a different transition.

Rumceisz October 28, 2012

yes, Jobin has right: the resolution date is logged generally when the is RESOLVED.

I need the date captured when the issue is created.

Suggest an answer