Date of a activity is in the future. How to change the date on this item in the Activity Stream

Stéphane Bouchard [Tamaggo] November 21, 2012

A developper push a commit on Git when the date on his computer was set to January 9th 2013 (by mistake).

Now, in the Activity Stream on Jira, the commit is always on top.

How can I change the date so the activity will not stay in the top of the list until January 9th 2013.

Thanks.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stéphane Bouchard [Tamaggo] November 27, 2012

Hi Ahmad,

I think the link is create by Fisheye integration with JIRA. We do not use the Git Version Control Viewer Plugin so the folder {{$JIRA_HOME/caches/indexes/plugins/jira-git-revisions}} do not exist.

Thanks,

0 votes
codeslubber February 8, 2013

Hey Guys:

I finally fixed this. I ended up dumping the database and then grepping it and finding the loopy dates in this table:

AO_E8B6CC_CHANGESET_MAPPING

Changed them and refreshed the main page and bingo.

Total nightmare. Thanks for nothing on the support side, Atlassian.

Stéphane Bouchard [Tamaggo] February 11, 2013

Thank's Rob for the information. On my side, I try to find the

AO_E8B6CC_CHANGESET_MAPPING, I'm looking in my JIRA and Confluence database without success. On which database you have that table?

0 votes
Stéphane Bouchard [Tamaggo] January 20, 2013

Thanks Rob. By chance on my side, the "futur" event date was January 9, 2013 so I dont see it the top of the feed!

0 votes
codeslubber January 19, 2013

I have this problem too. Wow, I would think an activity feed would know events being reported could not have happened in the future. I guess we got the Madame Blavatsky edition. I have been looking at the same wrong items in my queue for weeks, rendering it useless. No way to delete, no way to edit.

Thanks!

0 votes
Stéphane Bouchard [Tamaggo] December 3, 2012

Unfortunatly, I still have no success with this issue.

0 votes
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2012

Hi Stephane,

May I know how did you add the Git repository to your JIRA instance? Did you use the Git Version Control Viewer to achieve this?

If you are using the mentioned plugin, then I believe that you can try to delete the {{$JIRA_HOME/caches/indexes/plugins/jira-git-revisions}}, which contains the index files for the Git revisions. You may then restart your JIRA instance, and the indexes should be recreated again.

On a related note, I believe that you may have to delete the Git commit in question as well from your Git server.

I hope that the info helps.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer