Date formats not sticking and causing log errors.

Travis Crowder October 29, 2012

I have a newly downloaded and installed verion of JIRA plus the GreenHopper plugin. I am having issues where I can save a new date format in the configuration, but on a project's version, the format doesn't seem to be taking affect. I ran my log scanner and this is the most found issue. Again, a new installation with a couple projets created. I haven't even gotten to creating issues yet.

Environment:

CentOS 6.3

MySQL 5.5

JIRA 5.1.7#786-sha1:c37bed1

Confluence 4.3.2

GreenHopper 6.0.6 #61c59fac9a9e

could not find entity of type interface com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.rapid.view.RapidViewAO with key XX 15106 matches, last match on line 15106

MySQL Communication Link Failure 72 matches, last match on line 14826

JIRA View Custom Fields Page Performance Issues 174 matches, last match on line 14792

Unable to obtain a connection from the underlying connection pool 36 matches, last match on line 14777

Quick Searching for Issues Fails 4 matches, last match on line 13916

NoClassDefFoundError, ClassNotFoundException or NoSuchMethodException due to Incompatible Plugin 66 matches, last match on line 13243

Using an Unsupported Version of MySQL 33 matches, last match on line 13141

Upgrade on MS-SQL times out at Updating custom field 2 matches, last match on line 1615

*** Update***

The resolution was to change the date and time formats in BOTH the Advanced Settings and the Look and Feel settings.

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Tse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2012

It looked like there was a mismatch between the date and time formats in JIRA.

There are usually two places to look and make sure to match.

• Look and Feel in the admin area
  • Advanced settings from the General settings page in the admin area
0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2012

Please update the question title as it now appears not to reflect what you want to know?

Check your date formats: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/__date+and+time+formats

0 votes

Dates such as 10/31/2012 also come back in the dd/MM/yy format.

0 votes

I've stoped JIRA, cleared the cache files, restarted JIRA, looked at the log files (no errors) and saw my date format changes in the java variables. I then tried the Version calendar picker, I can enter any date in MM/dd/yyy format, but I always get back dd/MM/yy (so if I put in 01/01/2040, it comes back with 29/Jan/40 [1940, not 2040]). I then disabled all user installed modules, reindexed, stopped JIRA, cleared the felix files, started JIRA back up without error and the problem persists.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2012

I dont think is persisted in the database, you can look at installed bunldes (same concept) via the filesystem, eg:

.osgi-plugins/felix/felix-cache/bundle

Also, restarting JIRA and looking at the logfile will identify each plugin as they load, and consequently allow you to locate problems assocated with specific plugins.

0 votes

What SQL would I need to execute against the JIRA database to find the plugin numbers?

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2012

I wonder if you have other third party plugins also? Im pretty sure GH will be tested quite well, without more logging for context its hard to tell when that happened. If you clear the logs and restart, is it the same, I wonder if its part of initialization...

Seeing this:

NoClassDefFoundError, ClassNotFoundException or NoSuchMethodException due to Incompatible Plugin 66

Thats pretty bad, what is Plugin 66?

Suggest an answer