Date field value mismatch by 1hr between JIRA database and UI

Sambit Choudhury May 10, 2021

The custom field created is date field and after the value gets populated we saw a difference of value in JIRA UI and database. We found 1hr difference the date field for some issues. We have no idea why this mismatch is happening between backend and UI.

Please reply.

2 answers

0 votes
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

Hi @Sambit Choudhury This issue is for Jira Server or Cloud? question tags shows it's for Cloud

Yes the JIRA is installed on Cloud

But the issue is with the date field, which has mismatched value in UI and database.

Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

Ok, Thanks

Can you check if your application default time zone is same as that of your personal profile timezone?

https://<site-name>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewApplicationProperties.jspa

https://<site-name>.atlassian.net/secure/ViewPersonalSettings.jspa

May these two times are different for your application and personal profile settings.

I am not able to check the time zone for personal settings page. Can you guide me the path.

Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2021

Sure, please follow the steps as shown in the screenshot

Capture 2021-05-10 at 16.43.31.png

We are using JIRA8. There is no difference in time zone, but still I am facing this problem for some JIRA issues. This problem is persisted for some JIRA issues, not for all issues.
Custom field value for date type field is different in UI and database, it's rare and surprising. While getting details of issue through REST API using issue key, I got different value for the custom field compare to the value in UI.

Value from REST API:

Datefield_REST_API.JPG

Value in JIRA UI:

Datefield_UI.JPG

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2021
Sambit Choudhury May 12, 2021

I don't think there is any mismatch of time zones, all are same. This is inconsistent and only affecting few issues by 1hr difference. So some glitch is happening in JIRA side while saving the data into database.
I have provided my analysis with screenshot in trailing discussion. 

If any other possibilities please suggest.

Suggest an answer