Date field accepting five digit year

Pandu Ranga March 5, 2014

Hi,

We are using Jira Version: 4.4.5. In our jira

jira.date.picker.java.format: MM/dd/yyyy

jira.date.picker.javascript.format: %m/%d/%Y

But when we are editing or creating an issue. In the date fields jira is accepting five digit year format for eg: 03/06/20113. Because of that we are getting problem.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2014

Um, well, that's actually still a valid year. I don't think there's a simple fix for this - the checking code would need to be amended.

You mean AJS code for that custom field.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2014

Indeed, although it's the code for the field type, not the individual field.

So, where we need to add the validation. Can you elaborate.

Because while moving issues from one issue type to another issues type or convert as a subtask we are getting error.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2014

I stay away from fiddling with javascript, and I'm not really sure where the js validators for date fields might be found. You will be into

However, I would start with a look at debugging the moving of issue type - that doesn't involve javascript at all so you may have another problem which "fixing" the date check isn't going to help with.

Suggest an answer