Date Started

DeepakBhatia February 19, 2013

Hi,

We have a Log Work Screen, in which we have Date Started as attached in the screen. Which date it refers to Creation Date, Updation Date, Due Date ?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bastiaan Jansen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2013

Hi Deepak,

The date that is displayed in this field is the date + time when you want your work log to start. So if you want to log work from yesterday you would choose a day earlier. When pressing the log work button this field will be auto filled with your current time.

Cheers,
Bas

DeepakBhatia February 19, 2013

Thanks Bastiaan, But I didn't see any date being updated so I don't know which reports etc would get affected by the same.

0 votes
naveen arroju July 11, 2017

Selection_007.png

0 votes
Kevin Harvey March 6, 2013

I too am confused by the meaning and use of this 'Date Started' field. As I was trying to use it to log when I actually started a task.

However if it is meant to note the date/time that you want to log time spent, then for me it is of no benifit as I often have tasks where I may spend short bursts of time (minuits or hours) on a task over several days and then log the time spent at the end. Doing it every time I spend 5 mins would be an overhead I would not want.

So from my first line, how do i note the date that I actually start working on a task?

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

my opinion is it refers to the date you started logging work on the issue.

i tested on an issue that was created on monday (feb 18th)

when i click "log work" from more actions the "Date Started" field value is set to today

Suggest an answer