Date Format error while editing release date for a version

Darren Xie August 16, 2012

When I edit or release a version in JIRA, I get an error Please enter the date in the following format: d/MMM/yy unless I select the data again using the calendar widget. Strange this is that the date populates in MMM/dd/yy format however to enter it you must enter it in the d/MMM/YY format. I don't know if this is due to system settings.

JIRA version 4.4.4

1 answer

0 votes
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2012

Your date format setting in JIRA Administration > System > General Configuration > Advanced is not the same as the setting in JIRA Administration > System >User Interface > Look and Feel

Advanced Setting control date format that the calendar widget return and the field version release date should accept

Look and Feel control how the date value should be display to the user

Mats Nordgren January 22, 2014

We're running Jira 6.1.3 and have this exact same issue. Date format in Look & Feel is defined as YYYY-MM-DD and the suggested date when choosing "Release" for an existing version does follow that format, but when you try to confirm it you get the error message "Please enter the date in the following format: d/MMM/yy". If I use the date picker to select a date that date is entered as d/MMM/yy and releasing works.

What I would like is for the system to use my desired date format, YYYY-MM-DD, everywhere.

Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2014

As mentioned above, Look & Feel only control how the display looks like.

You will need to set date format at Administration > System > General Configuration > Advanced

Qumar August 14, 2017

I'm running jira 7.0.1 and Have same issue. I fixed this format in system settings > advanced. and still see the same issue. 

Did anyone found any resolution for this error?

Suggest an answer