Date Entered Into Status Field Displaying Inconsistently

Christy Overall January 16, 2020

I've got several projects in my Jira instance and the Date Entered Into Status field is displaying inconsistently. I've confirmed that it's assigned to the correct screens. Why might it not appear in some records?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2020

Hi Christy,

I see that you're using a Jira Cloud site, and seem to be having some concerns in regards to dates appearing inconsistently on some Jira issues.  However I am not certain that I understand the exact details of where this is happening.   The default status field in Jira does not exactly have a date associated with it, unless you are talking about an issue history and specific changes to an issues' status, in which case you should be seeing when changes have happened to that system field.

Is that what you mean?  That the issue history sometimes is not showing when a change happened?  Either way, could you post a screenshot of this problem that highlights this problem?  Perhaps that way I can investigate this further.

Alternatively, I see that you appear to be the site-admin of a Cloud site.  In which case you could also raise a support request if you like for this problem on https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

If you choose do go this route, there is a dialog box in the request you can optionally select to permit our support team to look more closely at the data in your site which might help us to get to the bottom of this a bit faster.

Regards,

Andy

Suggest an answer