Database error on project import

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

Hi

I recently updated my database host. After this change my project import on large Jira projects (with over 1K issues) seem to fail with errors on front end and in logs.

To confirm this, i performed the same project import using my old database host and it imported fine. However, if i import it using my new database host it keeps giving me this error.

com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Exception while inserting the following entity: [GenericEntity:ChangeGroup][id,51328][author,gcn][created,2012-07-30 07:06:29.0] [issue,881] (Unable to esablish a connection with the database. (Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.))

Can anyone help me identify the root cause of the problem.

I am on MySQL database hosted on linux operating system (both old and new hosts).

Additional info:

The old database host (which imports fine) took 4 hours to import and my new database host although is extrenely fast (takes 15 min) but ends up throwing errors every time (only for projects with more than 1K issues)

Rahul

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

Like Amber suggested - support.atlassian.com. But in the mean time - you might want to compare the mysql's servers configuration to see if there's anything majorily different (such as connection limits etc).

0 votes
AmberF
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2013

Hey Rahul,

In this case, I recommend creating a support ticket at support.atlassian.com. Include any error/logs that you think might be helpful and one of our JIRA support engineers can help you troubleshoot the issue.

Suggest an answer