Database custom field query

Sanu Soman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2013

Hi All,

We are using 2.6.1 plugin version. We have around 8000 contents in one of the oracle DB table and trying to fetch these values to one custom field in issue create screen with multi select option.

Now JIRA is taking too much time (approx 3 to 5min) to load the create screen... Is this expected issue? If not, please suggest a way to overcome this situation.. pls

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2013

Hi,

We are currently investigating and looking for possible solutions to this problem. Further discussions will be tracked at http://bugs.kepler-rominfo.com/browse/DBCF-52

Sanu Soman
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2013

Thanks for the response and hoping for the best :)

0 votes
David Welsh September 1, 2013

I would first determine if you really need to show 8000 records in the multi-select as if i was provided a multi-select of 8000 rows I would be complaining. If you don't then modify the query to return less.

If you really need all 8000 results then I would double check the performance of the network and the query by running the query from the database directly and then from command line on the JIRA server. (Not through JIRA, as you stated it takes 3-5 minutes but thats with JIRA & Plugin overhead).

That should give you an idea if its your query, network induced lag from JIRA to the remote DB or the JIRA Plugin itself. (I wouldn't think a query returning 8000 rows or the network would cause that extreme load times but it's worth ruling it out).

If it is the last option, I would do as Rambanam Prasad suggested and log a support request.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2013

to fetch those many values to custom field shouls degrade performance.

i am not sure how the user will select multiple values out of 8k values!!

try to categorise options or check any alternate option is there to reduce the number of values to show on custom field

raise a support request with plugin owner @ http://bugs.kepler-rominfo.com

0 votes
Sanu Soman
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2013

Any suggestion on this?

Suggest an answer