Database Value Plugin - Depending on another custom field

Tom104Tom December 20, 2014

Hi,

the plugin documention of the Database Value Plugin says I can build my query depenend on the project (${jira.project.key}) or the user who is currently logged in (${jira.user}). I would need to make a query dependend on a custom field value which is set during the issue creation. Is there a set of variables I can use in my queries (and use something like ${jira.customfield_10001})? Or are the project and the user the only variables I can use?

I have a custom table in my database with all users and their managers. While creating an issue, I'm filling a custom field (user picker) with a specific user (independent from assignee or reporter). Now, I want to query the database for this user's manager (i.e. SELECT manager FROM mycustomtable WHERE user = ${jira.customfield_10001}) and fill another custom field with this manager's username.

Can I actually achieve this with the Database Value Plugin?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers, Tom

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tom104Tom March 28, 2015

Hi soumia,

I ended up in using Kepler's Database Custom Field plugin. More possibilities and a supported plugin.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.databasecf

Example:
SELECT name, location FROM users WHERE username = {customfield_11030}

Cheers, Tom

0 votes
soumia March 30, 2015

Thanks Tom, It works now with Database Custom Field plugin.

Cheers, Soumia

0 votes
soumia March 27, 2015

I have the same issue. Any update on this?

Thank you

Suggest an answer