Database Value Plugin - Depending on another custom field

Hi,

the plugin documention of the Database Value Plugin says I can build my query depenend on the project (${jira.project.key}) or the user who is currently logged in (${jira.user}). I would need to make a query dependend on a custom field value which is set during the issue creation. Is there a set of variables I can use in my queries (and use something like ${jira.customfield_10001})? Or are the project and the user the only variables I can use?

I have a custom table in my database with all users and their managers. While creating an issue, I'm filling a custom field (user picker) with a specific user (independent from assignee or reporter). Now, I want to query the database for this user's manager (i.e. SELECT manager FROM mycustomtable WHERE user = ${jira.customfield_10001}) and fill another custom field with this manager's username.

Can I actually achieve this with the Database Value Plugin?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers, Tom

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Hi soumia,

I ended up in using Kepler's Database Custom Field plugin. More possibilities and a supported plugin.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.databasecf

Example:
SELECT name, location FROM users WHERE username = {customfield_11030}

Cheers, Tom

I have the same issue. Any update on this?

Thank you

Thanks Tom, It works now with Database Custom Field plugin.

Cheers, Soumia

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

456 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you