Database Custom Field plugin - what jira custom field types are supported for child custom fields

Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2015

I can add custom fields of type Text Field (multi-line) as child custom field of the main database custom field.

I'd like to find out if types User picker, Group picker and Text Field (single line) are also supported as child custom fields?

Is it important what are related data types of the fields in database (I use oracle database) for mentioned JIRA types?

Regards,
Florjan

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexandra Topoloaga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2015

At the moment you can use as child custom fields only custom fields of these types:

• Database Child Information
  • Text Field
  • URL Field

Best Regards,

Alexandra 

Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2015

Hi Alexandra! I have problems with type Text Field (single line). Is possible to use only Text Field (multi-line) type or Text Field (single line) is also possible selection? Thank you, Florjan

Alexandra Topoloaga
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2015

Hi, This should work for both single and multi line text custom field.

Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2015

Mabye I'm reading from wrong database data type of the field. Is data type VARCHAR2(150 BYTE) in database adequate for Text Field (single line)?

Alexandra Topoloaga
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2015

Yes it is. You should be able to use as child custom field any field that appears in "Database custom field" configuration page when you click "Add child" in the "Child Custom Field" select menu. I think that some of JIRA's default fields can be used as well (e.g. Business value)

Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2015

Yes, the type is ok. I figured out that the problem is somewhere after submiting on Create screen (I can see data in field on Create form). Thank you for explanation, Florjan

Alexandra Topoloaga
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2015

You're welcome. I'm happy the issue is fixed. :)

Suggest an answer