Database Custom Field plugin DB configuration Context.xml creation

Ubisoft September 5, 2013

Installed the plugin on jira 5.1.8

in my Jira Home directory the \conf directory wasn't existing (normal?)

I created it and then created a file context.xml in it.

File content :

<Resource name="testDB"
      auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
      username="****"
      password="****"
      driverClassName="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver"
      url="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://MSR-UAT-DB01"
 />

I'm getting :

[commons.jira.kconfig.PluginConfiguration] Database JNDI >>testDB<< is not defined

in my catalina logs.

So I understand the conf/context.xml should go somewhere else I did not understood.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michel

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ubisoft September 6, 2013

OK the file was somewhere else on my installation. I don't know why. Anyway File found, edited, restarted jira. All works. Thanks

0 votes
naganathan August 6, 2015

I too face the same problem. i created a conf folder and added conext.xml and created a lib folder and added ojdbc14.jar. Still i am getting the error [commons.jira.kconfig.PluginConfiguration] Database JNDI >>testDB<< is not defined

naganathan August 6, 2015

please any one help me to sort it out, urgent!!!

Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2015

You do not have to create the conf folder and the context.xml file. They should already be present in the Jira installation directory, as I mentioned above.

0 votes
Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2013

The conf directory should already exist in your Jira installation folder, next to atlassian-jira and bin folders.

Suggest an answer