Database Connection Attempt failed

John Doe October 30, 2015

I am trying to connect to a Postgresql database server using JIRA with Groovy and implementing it on the Script Runner. 

I have researched the error, and it has something to do with the certificates. I've encountered the same problem when  I was using Eclipse. However, I am now using Groovy and script runner. I have no idea how I'll be able to fix this. Any suggestions?

Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2015

That probably means you haven't imported all the certificates you need into the Java keystore for JIRA - Although this is about application links, you probably need to do the same to fix the error you have

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/KB/Unable+to+Connect+to+SSL+Services+due+to+PKIX+Path+Building+Failed

Suggest an answer